Thank you for thinking of the Baltimore Community ToolBank for your tool donation! We are happy to provide more detail about how to donate and what we accept.
We regularly update our wish list of tools. To find the most recent version, visit: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=nav_bnav_wishlist_btn
For direct donations, here are important details to keep in mind:
- Due to space and inventory constraints, we are not always able to accept donations. This is particularly true for specialty items such as welding or electrical equipment. Contact the ToolBank directly at the number below to discuss your items and whether we can accept them. We accept tools based on current inventory and can’t always predict what our needs will be. We are not currently accepting shovels, rakes, hammers and other common hand and landscape tools. There may be more items we cannot accept depending on when the donation is requested.
- All tool donation appointments need to be scheduled with staff in advance. We are not available for pop-up appointments. To schedule your donation appointment, call (410) 244-5565. We will assess items in advance to determine if we can accept them. We appreciate your patience as we discuss what is feasible!
- We DO accept hardware and other material donations on a small scale.
- We DO NOT accept broken/ inoperable tools unless a fix seems easy.
- For donation of gas-powered tools, we can only accept items that are working and up to current safety standards. Note that for items manufactured 20 or more years ago, they are not likely up to standard.
- To best understand what we accept, view our current inventory at https://www.baltimoretoolbank.org/inventory/.