First Time Borrowers
Before you can borrow ToolBank tools, you must become a ToolBank member agency by completing our brief online membership application. Currently, there is no membership fee. Only community-based organizations are eligible for membership. Qualifying organizations include:
- Non-profit/ Charitable/ Tax exempt organizations
- Schools/ PTAs/ PTOs
- Neighborhood Associations
- Faith-based groups
- Civic associations
- Government agencies
A 501(c)3 tax exempt determination letter is not a requirement for ToolBank membership. Membership is extended to a diversity of groups so long as a) you are an organization, not an individual and b) you can demonstrate you will be using tools to provide community benefit.
Before you begin your application, please note the following:
- Be prepared to upload relevant documentation of your community organization’s work. For non-profits and community benefits organizations, this could be your IRS determination letter. For other groups, this could be a flyer that advertises a project or projects that provide demonstrable community benefit. These documents serve as proof of your eligibility to borrow ToolBank tools.
- Our online application is optimized for Internet Explorer 10 in Compatibility Mode. Please click here for instructions on Compatibility Mode.
- Please remember to write down your password! The application process creates a user account for you in our online tool ordering system, which empowers you to order tools and manage your account.
If your agency is eligible to become a ToolBank member and you have documentation of your community benefit status handy, then click here to begin your membership application. If you have any questions or need assistance, call direct: (410) 244-5565. Anyone who answers can assist!
For other inquiries, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed and, if everything is in proper order, approved within one business day. You will receive an email notifying you of approval or denial. If approved, you will be eligible to order tools at your earliest convenience.